BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 23, 2011

The Luck I've Had - Part 1

"Good times for a change
See, the luck I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

So please please please
Let me, let me, let me
Let me get what I want
This time

Haven't had a dream in a long time
See, the life I've had
Can make a good man bad

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Lord knows, it would be the first time
Lord knows, it would be the first time"

- Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want by The Smiths


I've been in the orphanage since I was two. I don't remember anything but being here. They said people want babies, and boys, too. I'm twelve now and I'm not a boy.

Today a woman came in looking to adopt. I know she wants a baby, but I could see us together. It was her hair, red and long, and how she didn't have on a wedding ring. I don't want a dad. I do want a mom.

She passed me in the hallway. I stopped and stared after her. She'd given me the prettiest smile. She looked at me, you know? Considering. I think she was considering.

I hear she's coming back tomorrow. She was Approved to Adopt. How can I get her attention?

5 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Great beginning, Lisa! *goes to think of something for part two*

Lisa Rusczyk said...

Thanks, Cherie!

Christine Rains said...

Very interesting start! And yay for The Smiths!

Aubrie said...

I can't wait to come up with a resolution to this!

Sheila Deeth said...

Cool, sort of sad... moving on to part II