BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 22, 2011

Problems with Amazon's KDP

Sales report for the period 01-Jan-2011 to 31-Jan-2011
Amazon Kindle US Store
21 Lucky Shorts B003HC9A2W 35 97 -62 35% 0.99 N/A N/A N/A -21.70
Total Royalty for Sales on Amazon Kindle US Store (USD) -21.70


This was my report from Kindle's publishing site, KDP, in January. How could I sell 35 books of 21 Lucky Shorts, then have 97 returns? So started the trials. First, posting on the KDP community forum. They said it was a glitch that would be worked out by the end of the quarter. End of quarter came, still the same problem.

I sent an email through a form on the "Contact Us" link. No phone number. Got an email saying it would be fixed in 1-2 days.

It wasn't.

I wrote back.

They sent the exact same email back with the 1-2 days.

Today I posted all over the place about this problem. Kindle Boards and Kindle forums being everywhere. Everyone said, call. I couldn't find a number. I logged into my Amazon account and had them call me. But it was just Kindle support. The rep was nice and seemed truly sorry for my 15 minute hold time and said he'd send them an email. I said I'd done that and I'd wait. Another 15 minutes go by. He comes back basically, in a very nice way, saying there was absolutely no way I was able to talk to a human being at KDP. He'd send the email. He didn't have a phone number.

The book sells a couple copies a day. Maybe $20 every three months doesn't mean much, but I have been planning on self-publishing with them the next book I write.

Oh so frustrated.

3 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Wow! That is really odd. I hear publishers often have problems contacting someone with a distributor. I hear that B&N is even more complicated and worse than Amazon about it. (My publisher has been trying to get our works on B&N for over a year, and they still don't put them up).

The only thing I can think of, if it wasn't a glitch, is that 35 is the sold and stayed sold number. Perhaps people clicked to buy and then quickly returned. I've accidentally done that before with Once Upon a December Nightmare. *glares at touch phone being slow and then buying things I didn't mean to click* I'm not sure, though.

It's still odd.

Aubrie said...

Boy, that's wierd and makes me wonder...

Lisa Rusczyk said...

I could see for one month, maybe, but not four.