BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 18, 2011

Book Review: Fallen



Luce is cursed. She sees strange black shadows that no one else can see, and the one night she spends with a guy turns out in tragic disaster. She's sent away to reform school to confront her issues. Little does she know the people she'll meet there hold all the answers she'll need.

The beginning of this book made me swoon! I love how it starts with a previous life and ties it in to the present. The chemistry between Luce and Daniel is sizzling, and the other characters are colorful and mysterious.

As the book went on, I liked it less. The explanations didn't always add up, and we never learn what really happened that dreadful night with the fire. Luce befriends two girls at the school, and the relationships between the two never fully develop because she's always going back and forth. Also, there's a death towards the end which makes no sense to me.

This is one hot read, but lacks unity in themes and direction. Teens will love the reform school attitude, and the mopey characters.

3 comments:

Stina said...

I enjoyed the book, but loved Torment even more. Now I can't wait for the sequel. :D

Lisa Rusczyk said...

Good review. I like a lot of YA books, too.

Cherie Reich said...

Good review. I think the cover art for FALLEN is beautiful and mysterious.