BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 11, 2011

Achooo!

I have a non-writing post for the day. Writing is the farthest thing from my mind as my husband and I battle a vicious cold and cough. I've been sick for a week and a half, and he just caught it Thursday last week. It's impossible to get anything done, and I have gobs of stuff to do.

Some of you may know I'm a freelance editor and writer. I edit for Kindle indie authors and write for Demand Studios. I struggled through some work last week between blowing my nose and stopping bleeding nose (it bled for two whole hours on Saturday) and I've fallen way behind in my work. It's frustrating and hurts the wallet. Fortunately, my husband is a brilliant grocery shopper and can buy four meals for $20. Four GOOD meals! And we need them right now.

While I've been editing, I have no desire to read other books. I'd love to review some of the books I've edited, but I feel like that's not really fair. I can't say I don't read for pleasure anymore, because the books I read for work are a pleasure. I haven't disliked a single one. It's simply amazing at how many good writers there are in the world, and now with self-publishing on the Kindle, unique stories and voices finally have an outlet to be read and heard the way the author intended. I'm very excited by all this.

Well, what do you know! It turned out to be a writing-related post after all!

2 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

I hope you feel better soon, Lisa. It's definitely hard to do anything when you don't feel well.

Aubrie said...

I hope you feel better! I think it's good to separate the books you edit from the books you review, just in case.

And Kindle is amazing. I'm so glad more people's books are getting out there!