BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 28, 2011

Little Men in Green

March's theme is Leprechauns, little men in green.

I swear I saw one as a child. Or was that a dream?

Who doesn't need a pot of gold these days? I have a feeling some imaginary character will find one this month. What would you do if you got your hands on a pot of gold?

I'd go on a shopping spree and pay off bills. Nothing too exciting. I'd definitely get a piano.

In a story, nobody has bills to pay or toilets to use. If they do use the bathroom, they aren't using the toilet - they are getting the handcuffs off with the hook in toilet tank.

Fantasy creatures such as Leprechauns are a joy to write. That is, if they're just fantasy. Who knows where tales of the creature came from? We know it's an Irish story, and the Irish have great imaginations - a whole pack of fantasy creatures to pick from. It makes me wonder why they were so creative in their story telling. Maybe it was a big part of their culture.

In the US, story telling is a favorite thing to do for a lot of people when they are relaxing for the day. They may watch a movie or pick up a book. I wonder what some of our legends will be in a couple hundred years.

5 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Hehe! When I first read your "Little Men in Green," it changed to "little green men," then I thought of aliens.

A pot of gold would be nice. I'd definitely pay off bills and likely save the rest...or buy books. Can't have enough books. :)

Aubrie said...

Great opening to our Leprechaun month!

Did you know I watched a show about real people hunting for leprechauns on the syfy channel. Myth hunters, I think. They didn't find much except strange moss, though.

Hannah said...

Yay! Leprechauns! Being half Irish, I loves March. Though my celebrating is very different from others on St Patty's day.

jewels said...

i dunno...leave me a pot of gold and i'll just SHOW you what i spend it on!

i'm much more interested in the storm and sun alignment, which leads to the rainbow, which is stunning and amazing...all those things are much more exciting than a silly little pot of gold!

Shamalamadingdong said...

Sadly, everything is well to documented these days to lhave future myths n legends.