BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rare Thursday Post - Book Review of A Bitch Named Karma by Stephanie Haefner


This book I just finished was a fun read. Had to post about it today! Here's my review:






Review of A Bitch Named Karma by Stephanie Haefner

When Stephanie Haefner posted on her blog she was offering review copies of A Bitch Named Karma, I had to have the book based on the title alone. I don’t usually read chick lit, but found myself thoroughly enjoying this one.

The book’s about chick lit writer Lexi Marshall as she faces her alter-ego persona Karma, who she thinks is the embodiment of all the horrible things she made happen to her characters in her books. I don’t want to give too much away, but Lexi has a ton of bad things happen to her. So they seem bad at the time…

I loved the writing style in this book. The voice was fresh and engaging and there were a lot of humorous parts. I found it really interesting how the text would occasionally be broken up into a paragraph of italics throughout the book. It seems like that would be distracting, but it was rather engaging.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes a well-paced chick lit book with fun characters and interactions. Good job, Ms. Haefner!



7 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Great review, Lisa! It's one of those books that is on my "to buy" list. It's nice to know a little more about it.

Lisa Rusczyk said...

I also figured out how to put the trailer in after I posted. You'll get more from that.

Stephanie said...

THANK YOU LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the best!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you liked it...It never ceases to make me smile when someone "gets" my book and enjoys it!!

Stephanie said...

Ps...didn't realize I wasn't following you! I am now! :)

Unknown said...

Stephanie is fabulous and this book is AMAZING!!! Like seriously amazing!!!

What a cute blog! :)

Aubrie said...

Great review, Lisa! This does look like an awesome book, and I know Stephanie from the blogosphere and she's really cool.

Sheila Deeth said...

Great title. Does sound fun.