BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 7, 2010

TV Show Review: United States of Tara


It's about a woman named Tara who has Dissociative Identity Disorder, or DID, and what used to be called Multiple Personality Disorder. It airs on Showtime. My review is of the first disk that I got from Netflix.

Tara has three other distinct personalities and had recently decided to go off her meds and let her alters out. There's the 50s housewife who knows everything and seems to be in charge of the other alters, there's T, a teenage girl, and my personal favorite, Buck. Buck's a man and he's funny as hell.

The episodes usually have Tara transition into one of her alters and the show revolves on how this affects her husband and two children. There's a lot of humor, as well as a continuing story line to discover what made Tara the way she is.

In the last episodes I watched, a fourth alter made an appearance, but it's a mysterious monsterish alter. Very intriguing.

I love this show so far and I'm super-impressed with the acting. If you like unusual family dramas with some comedy, you'll like this one.

3 comments:

Aubrie said...

It's neat that they made a show out of a serious issue. Maybe it will help others understand what's it's like. I'd like to see it.

Cherie Reich said...

I've heard of the show, but I haven't had a chance to see it yet. It looks great, though!

Nicole said...

I love this show! Highly recommend it :)