BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Mother's Gift - Chapter Four


A MOTHER'S GIFT
by Cherie Reich


CHAPTER FOUR
JUST DESSERTS



Julie tossed her purse on the table and kicked off her shoes.  A silly grin was plastered upon her face, and she was humming "Don't Stop Believin'."

"How was the date?" Sara asked as she leaned against the kitchen's door frame.

"It was pretty good," she whispered, not wanting her daughters to overhear she had a good time. 

"It must have been.  It's after midnight."  Sara tapped the face of her watch.

"I didn't know I had a curfew, mom."  The sarcasm oozed from Julie's lips, and the two sisters laughed.

"You two can come on out, as well."  Julie called, and her two daughters entered the room from the hallway.

"How was it?" Izzy blurted out, bouncing from foot to foot.  Cat just looked at her.

"It went better than I thought.  Charles was a lot of fun, and we're going to catch a movie next week."  Happiness lit up her children's faces, and she pointed her finger at each of them.  "Don't think you are getting away with what you did.  It was wrong impersonating me, and you are both grounded for the rest of the weekend.  No TV, no computer, no phone, no nothing." 

"Aw, mom.  That's not fair!  We only did it because we love you."  Cat crossed her arms and frowned.

"It's not fair!"  Izzy stamped her foot.

"I know you had my best interests at heart, but it's still not right."  She went over to them and hugged them.  They were a bit reluctant at first, but they finally hugged her back.  "Since you two are up, would you mind showing me this website?" 

"I thought you said no computer," Cat commented.

"True, but perhaps we could bend the rules a bit."  Julie wrapped an arm around each daughter.  "I might like to see what other options are out there."  She laughed.  "But, I'm changing the password.  I don't want you two on that site again.  Promise me that, and I'll forgive you."

"We promise," Izzy and Cat agreed.

"Good.  So, what's the website?"  She opened the laptop and pulled up Internet Explorer.
"CupidsArrowsAgain.net," Izzy, Cat, and Sara stated together, letting Julie know they were all in on it.


 THE END



2 comments:

Cats! said...

Great Mother's Day story, Cherie! Did you actually make some of those pictures? That is so cool!

Cherie Reich said...

Thank you! In a way I made some of those pictures. I found the photo and then added the words to the Bone Appetit poster and the cupidsarrowsagain.net logo.